Here are five questions for your senior leadership team to help you evaluate the effectiveness of your communication strategy in the event of an emergency.
- How many parents/caregivers have downloaded your chosen communication platform? Of those, how many have enabled push notifications?
- How many parents/caregivers follow your social media channels?
- What is the typical response to information that you send via email?
- What system do you have in place to assess who has received your alert in the event of an emergency?
- How will you communicate if the emergency situation requires you to leave the school building or in the event of a power outage?
School-links brings you the latest in communication tools including a multi-channel emergency alerts system that includes text messaging and a record of successful deliveries, and an app enabling staff remote access to the system. If you are an edge or KAMAR school, your SMS data is now automatically synced and integrated into the School-links communication system.
Massey Primary School, recently involved in a lockdown during a police shooting, commented:
“It was absolutely amazing using the [Emergency Alerts] app and directly on-line. School-links was used to send separate messages to just our staff, and to staff and parents/caregivers. Emails and texts were used. It worked faultlessly and kept everyone well informed, a great outcome.”
Contact our team to discuss how you can improve your current communications strategy.